What is a Drainage Capacity Letter in the City of Houston?

March 24, 2014 by Brad Lingvai


In the City of Houston, a Storm Water Letter, approved by the Office of the City Engineer, is required in order to submit and obtain approvals for your site development permit.

In order to process the Drainage Capacity Reservation request, a “WCR Application” must be submitted. WCR stands for Wastewater Capacity Reservation. Yes, the application is referred to as a wastewater capacity reservation application, but it also covers the drainage component of a project. You can download a copy of a blank WCR form here. The Drainage section is on the final page.

City of Houston Stormwater Reservation Applicaiton Page 007

Have questions about reserving drainage and storm water capacity in the City of Houston? Give me a call at (832) 730-1901, or email me at [email protected] I’d be happy to help answer your questions. 

Written by Brad Lingvai

Brad Lingvai

Mr. Lingvai is the Commercial Services Market Leader in the BIG RED DOG Austin office. He is also a co-founder of the firm and has been a leader on hundreds of central Texas projects since the founding of BIG RED DOG in 2009. Austin-area projects of note that have benefited from his expertise include Belterra, Waller Creek, the Robert Mueller Municipal Airport (“Mueller”) redevelopment project, and The Domain shopping center. He has extensive experience with design and coordination of water, wastewater, and drainage studies and systems, water quality and detention ponds, and conceptual layouts of gas, electric, and telecommunication lines. Mr. Lingvai received his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the The University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) and is registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.